Friday, August 28, 2015

Nancy Lee Badger Interviews Author Mary Martinez

Mary Martinez stopped by to talk about her new book, Illusion (book 4 The Beckett Series). It is a romantic suspense and was released on June 16, 2015. Please tell my readers a little bit about your book.  

Mary- Illusion is the fourth book of my Beckett series. In my series, each book is one of the sibling’s stories. It started with Tyler in Disappear , Jessica in Innocent , Christine in Quiet , and Reagan in Illusion . Coming in the future are the last two siblings Matt in Profit and Glenna in Abandoned. And there is thought that once done, I’ll have a Beckett Christmas book with seven novellas. I know there are only six siblings, but I intend to have the first story be of the Elders. All the kids in the family refer to their parents as the Elders.

Here is a blurb and link for Illusion:
Special Agent Reagan Beckett left Brooklyn for San Francisco ten years ago—and on bad terms with her family. When the World Banking Association (WBA), one of the biggest worldwide financial institutions, is targeted by domestic terrorists, Reagan is called to join the team with two others in New York City. Now she would be home for an extended visit.

Special Agent Paco Luis Perez has heard of the legendary Tyler Beckett and looks forward to working with the man on the assignment in New York. However, when he reads Beckett’s dossier on his flight from D.C., he discovers the Beckett he expected to meet isn’t Tyler.

NYPD Detective Spencer Alexander Williams III, a member of the gang terrorist task force, reluctantly agrees to consult on the domestic terrorist case as the local liaison. He has never liked working with a team; he finds more out on his own. But they need his uncanny knack to anticipate the gang’s movements.

As soon as she receives information on the assignment, Reagan researches her new partners. But does she know enough to literally trust these men with her life?

Nancy- Describe the genre of this particular title, and is it the only genre you write in?  

Mary- The Beckett Series is romantic suspense. This genre is one of my favorites. And that is the biggest reason I write in this genre. But do I only write this? Nope. I have written romance, women fictions, and currently I’m working on a middle grade called History Mysteries. If you’d like to see my other books please visit my Website 

Nancy- What is your writing routine like?

Mary- I have a routine? I work full-time at the day job. I have a VERY active family, not to mention we have season tickets to PAC 12 UTE football, women’s Basketball, and RedRocks Gymnastics. We have 11 grandkids, most are in some kind of sport. So my routine goes something like this: I work every day, I have an hour commute each way, I come home and cook dinner (or create dinner, depending on my mood) then I look at email and drop to veg in front of the TV. The weekends I blog and promote, and if I’m VERY lucky I have a few minutes to write. Every other month my critique partner and I have a full eight hour writing day at a local coffee shop or library, etc. Once a year we do a two night writing retreat. There’s my routine.

Nancy- 11 grandkids? Yikes! I, too, try to write at a retreat. Having achieved your goal to be a published author, what is the most rewarding thing?
   
Mary- When a reviewer say’s something like “…the story is surprisingly well written. It's a fast paced and gripping read. The characters are well developed and you like some and dislike others.” If I know someone liked my book, then my hard work has paid off.

Nancy- Reviews are like found gold for an author (Readers: if you like a book, leave reviews!) Will you share some encouraging words for authors still struggling for that first contract? 

Mary- This is going to sound off the wall, but my suggestion would be to join a local in person book club. One that has NO authors, all readers. You’d be surprised at what you’ll learn. What you think readers want, isn’t correct.

Nancy- sound advice, I belong to a monthly book club and we read all genres of romance. Their opinions are unique. Please Share three fun facts about you that most people don’t know. 
1) I love cooking.
2) I just got through sanding and painting my kitchen cabinets.
3) I’m adopted and I’ve said my entire life, “I’m adopted I can be what I want, so I’m Irish.” I did the DNA and I’m Irish!

Nancy- Awesome! How can my readers buy your book?

Mary- Readers can go to the publisher’s HOME PAGE 



Buy Links….
Kindle   Amazon  
  

Check out my book trailer HERE 



Mary has a Trivia Contest going on through the end of August – winner receives The first four (signed) books of the Beckett Series. Check for details at Mary’s Garden 
Enter HERE  

You can find more information 
about Mary Martinez here:

WEBSITE     BLOG     Twitter  


 



No comments:

Post a Comment